Saslauthd memory leak ?

Yann Rouillard yann at pleiades.fr.eu.org
Tue Oct 18 04:03:14 EDT 2005

Le lundi 17 octobre 2005 à 19:00 -0400, Igor Brezac a écrit :

> Make sure you built saslauthd with -D_REENTRANT, otherwise your
> current
> config will have problems.  For ipc_doors you need the mechanisms to
> be
> thread-safe and I do not think pam qualifies completely.

It seems libpam is thread safe under solaris, according to the man page:

NOTES
     The interfaces in libpam are MT-Safe  only  if  each  thread
     within  the  multithreaded application uses its own PAM han-
     dle.

And saslauthd use a new pam handle for each authentication so it should
be ok.

This note is also present in each pam module man page.