Saslauthd memory leak ?

Yann Rouillard yann at pleiades.fr.eu.org
Mon Oct 17 19:46:49 EDT 2005

> Why do you need ipc_doors?

Well according to the install.html file:

  9. Also if you are using saslauthd, what communication (IPC) method do
you want to use? On most systems, the correct answer is the default
(unix sockets), but on Solaris you can use IPC doors, which
       have proven to be more stable than equivilant Solaris systems
using unix sockets.

So I thought ipc doors was a more sensible choice.

But see my other message, I had also some performance problem with it.

> Make sure you built saslauthd with -D_REENTRANT, otherwise your current
> config will have problems.  For ipc_doors you need the mechanisms to be
> thread-safe and I do not think pam qualifies completely.

Ok, you're right. Thanks for your answers.

> > I think it would be nice to mention in the man or somewhere in the doc.
> >

> What would you like mentioned?  You can always submit a patch.

Patch attached.