Saslauthd memory leak ?

Yann Rouillard yann at pleiades.fr.eu.org
Fri Oct 14 16:24:40 EDT 2005

Le vendredi 14 octobre 2005 à 16:05 -0400, Igor Brezac a écrit :

> >> Can you provide more info such as saslauthd version, saslauthd startup
> >> options, etc?
> >>

> > saslauthd version 2.1.21
> > launched with option -a pam
> > OS: Solaris 9 release 9/04
> >

> Your pam implementation is most like the reason for leak.  Which pam
> module do you use?

other   auth requisite          pam_authtok_get.so.1
other   auth required           pam_dhkeys.so.1
other   auth required           pam_unix_auth.so.1

other   account requisite       pam_roles.so.1
other   account required        pam_projects.so.1
other   account required        pam_unix_account.so.1

I will check if some patchs are available from Sun for this problem.

Why are you sure the problem comes from pam ? This memory leak problem
never showed up in other configuration ?

> You can use saslauthd -n0, but this performs poorly
> because saslauthd has to spawn a new process for each authentication.

Thanks for the idea, I will try anyway if the performance impact is
acceptable.

Cheers,

Yann