Are these features in present SASL?

Alexey Melnikov alexey.melnikov at isode.com
Thu Aug 18 10:05:04 EDT 2005

Ken Murchison wrote:

> Biswatosh wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>    Anybody knows whether the following features are
>> there with CMU SASL?
>> a)Are the iplocalport(IP),port used in functions like
>> sasl_client_new() etc supported for RFC 2732 style?
>> Which means, formats like "a.b.c.d:port"(IPv4) etc?
>
> Yes, it uses the form "a.b.c.d;port"  (I assume you had a typo above).

Ken, this is not a mistake. I think Rob has agreed long time ago that
commonly recognized format "a.b.c.d:port" should be allowed.
Of course ";" should be retained for backward compatibility.

For IPv6 addresses the Cyrus SASL should be able to support "[a:b:...]:port"

>> b) What is the Internationalization model used? For
>> example, the error messages ,do they cater to RFC
>> 1766?
>
> No il8n of error messages is currently present, they all all in US
> English.
>
>> c)Any idea when we can have the saslprep facilty?
>
> No, this is non-trivial (I haven't looked at this personally, but at
> least one of the previous maintainers did).  Patches for b) and c)
> would most likely be accepted.

We can also have a look at Rob's code, but I am missing the script that
has produced the SASLPrep table.