cyrus-imapd sasl ldap problem

Doug Campbell dcampbell at zonemail.net
Tue Aug 16 20:31:44 EDT 2005

Jesus,

[--snip--]

> but when i start the cyrus-imapd i get the following errors in syslog
> and auth.log:
>

> Aug 12 17:38:55 mail imap[8685]: auxpropfunc error invalid parameter
> supplied
> Aug 12 17:38:55 mail imap[8681]: _sasl_plugin_load failed on
> sasl_auxprop_plug_init for plugin: ldapdb
> Aug 12 17:38:55 mail imap[8682]: _sasl_plugin_load failed on
> sasl_auxprop_plug_init for plugin: ldapdb
> Aug 12 17:38:55 mail imap[8685]: _sasl_plugin_load failed on
> sasl_auxprop_plug_init for plugin: ldapdb

I may be totally wrong but I had something similar happen to the setup I
have been trying to work on.  I had a working setup and then I did some
updates on Fedora and it stopped working.  I was getting the same errors as
you are above, I believe.

My problem had to do with SELinux.  The updates from Fedora had changed
SELinux into enforcing mode.  I needed to change it back to permissive.
Once I did that everything was working perfectly again.  Now I just need to
find time to go back and figure out how to setup a policy so I can set the
mode to enforcing.

Anyway, I thought I would mention this since if it is your problem it is a
simple fix and will save you time looking too much at your SASL/LDAP setup.

Doug