[LDAP] Using several servers within saslauthd.conf

Emmanuel Dardaine emmanuel.dardaine at smart-telecom.ch
Wed Aug 10 11:00:16 EDT 2005

Hi all,

I browsed the archive of the mailing list, but could not get an answer
to my questions. That's why I post here.

We're trying to implement Authenticated SMTP with Postfix. We're using
saslauthd as the authentication daemon, which relies itself on a LDAP
backend server. Well, actually, two backend servers... and that's where
the problem starts.

According to documentation, file saslauthd.conf can contain seperate
LDAP servers. We tried this already, but it looks like only the first
server is checked, not the other ones.

One of our specificities is that we do not use the default LDAP port
(389) but some port mapping instead. The entry in the saslauthd.conf
file looks like this:

ldap_servers: ldap://ldap.domain.tld:22289/
ldap://ldap.domain.tld:33389/

Has anyone already faced that problem? Could it be a bug into the
saslauthd code?

Thanks for your precious help.
Emmanuel