meeting minutes, 2020-08-31

marc at marc at
Wed Sep 2 09:17:00 EDT 2020

Dear Ken and Ricardo,

One option is to ask new contributions to be dual licensed (current and 
desired). So if CMU changes their policy, it won't be necessary to ask 
permission to all the recent contributors.

This is what we did to change the Bootstrap license (needing to get 
approval from hundreds of contributors)

Best regards,


On 2020-09-02 14:55, Ken Murchison wrote:
> On 9/1/20 4:03 PM, Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:
>> --On Tuesday, September 1, 2020 4:56 PM -0400 Ricardo Signes 
>> <rjbs at> wrote:
>> Is there any progress on the relicensing for cyrus-sasl? There are a 
>> number of pending fixes, some are important, and certainly behoove a 
>> new release, but without a working contribution process and license, 
>> we're stuck.
> Unfortunately, CMU is unwilling to re-license at this time.  I don't
> recall the reason, if any, but this is what I was told by a former
> colleague.
> So, any new contributions will have to be governed by the current
> license for the foreseeable future.

More information about the Cyrus-devel mailing list