minutes, Cyrus call 2020-05-18
rjbs at fastmailteam.com
Mon May 18 20:25:35 EDT 2020
Today (2020-05-18 🇺🇸) in attendance: Bron, Ellie, Ken, Rik, Robert
* Doing some work on the Backup/restore* APIs
* Draft restore performance has been poor, because we’re tracking by message-id
* We think we can get a reasonable approximation by looking in the same thread.
* Ken still needs to do restoration of parent mailboxes. Mailboxes don't currently have the mailboxId of their parent, so when restored can't detect a rename of their former parent. We could make mailboxes record retain parentid in UUID mailboxes, but it’s not there now. Maybe after the new layout code lands…
* The last week was spent mostly on Xapian work
* Priority moved from working on finishing work on attachment indexing work toward making it possible to perform a reindex of all users
* Removed experimental Xapian features from the main branch.
* Fixed small bugs with Quota.
* Issue with Xapian - right now the in-memory backend is slow - better solution is index to disk at temp_path and make that a tmpfs. Need to instruct people that it should be on a tmpfs.
* We discussed whether to do a separate config option or to just use temp_path.
* [ rjbs: I believe the conclusion was that one option is *probably* fine, but I'm not sure it was firmly concluded ]
* Mostly been working through fixing the bugs from 3.2.0. Hoping to do 3.2.1 later this week or early next week.
* not a whole lot this week
* made http_ws do session_new_id() between calls
* Might be adding some pushes
* also pretty light; hoping to send out notes on proposed new merge policy for master branch soon
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Cyrus-devel