expanding allowsetacl

Ricardo Signes rjbs at fastmailteam.com
Wed Jun 24 17:01:52 EDT 2020

On Wed, Jun 24, 2020, at 16:25, Дилян Палаузов wrote:
> Horde/IMP allow the user to edit their own IMAP ACLs. Unfortunately I do not know of any WebDAV client which users can utilize to edit their own ACLs. For WebDAV editing ACLs is one way to share (a caldav) collection.
>
> Why is there a plan to kill the ability of users to set their own ACLs?

The intent here is only to make it *possible* for an individual server to restrict this permission, for the sake of a more structured set of managed ACLs. That is: to provide a control panel for ACL management with presets, rather than full control to every user.

I would not suggest that ACL management be removed for all installs!

--
rjbs