run-time dependencies

Ken Murchison murch at fastmail.com
Wed Jun 3 06:39:32 EDT 2020

On 6/3/20 3:48 AM, Anatoli wrote:
> Cyrus developers,
>
> I couldn't find in the documentation the *run-time* dependencies for
> cyrus-imapd.
>
> In particular, are any of these not required to be present for the
> correct execution of cyrus-imapd (with --enable-http)?
>
> pcre e2fsprogs/uuid jansson sqlite3 icu4c libical nghttpd2 brotli wslay

pcre is NOT required for httpd at all as far as I recall

nghttpd2, brotli, wslay are entirely OPTIONAL

sqlite3 is required if you want to use any DAV functionality

libical is required if you want to use CalDAV

icu4c is required if libical was compiled with support for non-Gregorian
calendars

jansson is definitely required for JMAP functionality, and may be
required for other modules

uuid may be prevasive enough to be required for multiple modules

--

Kenneth Murchison
Senior Software Developer