minutes, cyrus dev call, 2020-06
rjbs at fastmailteam.com
Fri Jul 10 17:50:07 EDT 2020
We have been keeping minutes, but not getting them out in a timely fashion. I've adjusted my calendar to make this happen more reliably. (The basic deal is that these meetings happen at 7:30 a.m. my time, and as soon as they're over I go to get some caffeine, and then they've fallen down my priority list.)
I realize these are less useful when they're sent late, but I'll learn my lesson better by sending them anyway.
* *Present*: Bron, Robert, ellie, Ken, Rik, Neil
* [ discussion about reindexing Fastmail's large install ]
* been doing some small changes
* wants to get things shepherded to production
* soon: sync replication code!!
* need to give sync client a state struct to pass around between funcs
* v3.2.1 on Friday!
* experimental Debian build passing all the cunit tests on all the Debian platforms
* it was the tests more than the code under testing being a problem
* v3.3.0 dev tag should happen soon!
* some backports from master are pending (probably)
* Cass failing on v3.2 failing because of mismatch between expectations/fixes on v3.2
* rjbs: can we put Cassandane into the cyrus repo?
* yes but it sounds like for complex reasons we might want to; rjbs will follow up
* also what will we do with the uuid mailboxes test code?
* rules question: fromContactGroupId, convert errors to false — has just hit production
* status of backup/restore bugs?
* Ken: as far as I know, all tasks are done
* What about the “contacts don’t get restored back to groups”
* for now, we’ll say this is expect, and count people who notice/complain
* will ask Matthew to do a review of code and/or tests?
* uuid mailboxes all rebased by Friday before Memorial Day
* but since, been working on other things
* would like to move Blob/get capability out of the core capabilities (because it isn’t core)
* did a fix for mime parameter wrapping (*0* stuff) for boundary string (wtf??)
* did some work on AuthIndicator (BIMI) blob retrieval; had led to “we should try to unify some branches of blob handling code”
* hopefully uuid mailboxes is back to top slot (assuming for example that restore work doesn’t turn out to be a problem)
* deleted mailboxes need to retain an entry in convdb
* we can know mailbox has been deleted, which affects how to understand the flags of emails in mailbox [rjbs: not sure I got this *exactly* right]
* moving Blob/get to JMAP_BLOB_EXTENSION capability in cyrus master, while adding a revert to FM builds until our middleware is ready for it: coordinate
* UUID mailboxes rebased, subs db. code has been updated; will upgrade on first open on UUID mailbox code
* ready to start testing???
* fixed a crasher in vacation responses (free of const str)
* what’s next? maybe sieve in mailboxes; rjbs says: maybe let’s get back to Sieve JMAP, for which we wanted a fewer-http-round-trip API (for Fm’s usage pattern)
* seems like something in the mailbox delete code path doesn’t always clean up code on disk
* clearly still live; we’re seeing recent should-be-deleted data still on disk
* possibly related to duff locking code, possibly in sync client
* rjbs: how did this get found?
* bron: audit_slot, an internal Fastmail tool
* slow slog of license update continues; no clear progress atm
* to discuss: time to create v3.3.x branch so we can merge usermeta-by-id-bis to master
* discussion result: we’ll just keep the branches like they are unless we think of a way in which a second temporary main branch is better than this
* testing of usermeta-by-id-bis on a vm is now happening
* will post a public “give ken a heads up” if you have an intended thing to merge
* when we know this can run safely on a replica, we can merge to master
* managed attachments; seem to work okay in Apple!
* CalConnect later today: will talk DAV caching
* mostly working through 3.2 bugs, but maybe fixed the last one today
* working on release notes for 3.3 dev so she can make proper v3.3.0
* working on rename bugs: something with intermediates and renames is causing bugs
* rjbs hopes we can rip out the intermediate-supporting code from cyrus entirely [someday]
* rjbs again
* what’s the effort required to move to single copy of metadata per email
* bron: the convdb is not yet appropriate, as it’s a secondary source
* general consensus seems that we will likely just replace how messages are stored (hash of emailid)
* Discuss design of JMAP Sieve
* Ken: still working on UUID mailboxes
* v3.3.0 — about halfway done with release notes, will send an email about places we’re stuck
* v3.2.2 — released today; last known new bug in v3.2 may be fixed!
* main thing: working on fixing behavior of user delete/rename; it creates intermediates!
* [ ed: *INTERMEDIATES AUUUURURGH* ]
* there’s something wrong with users in deleted namespace
* next up: back to the big ol’ pile of calendar reports
* or… synchronous replication.
* how do we get to a “every email has one set of metadata”?
* one option: updates are more complex
* another option: put all metadata in one db
* conv. db becomes primary store for some data
* cyrus.index and cyrus.header go away
* rjbs will send an email to cyrus-devel about this
* circled back to caldav discussion
* libical does support multiple rrule/exdate/rdate
* …so we’ll probably have this in jscalendar
* Present: Bron, ellie, Ken, Rik
* JMAP Sieve:
* If we want to use Blob/set, we’ll need to standardise that first! Bron will look at.
* Bron will look at the spec too and see if has opinions.
* Rebased UUID stuff again last week and fixed rebase issue.
* Fixed issue where upgrade of mailboxes.db had a double translation which messed up separator and domain names. Hard to track down, simple fix.
* Fixed issue where new user with no subscriptions didn’t get upgraded.
* On laptop, list subscriptions is not working. Maybe issue with existing Cyrus data.
* Reviewed some pull requests and implemented SAFE for HTTP methods.
* still plugging away on release notes for 3.3
* added some quality of life features to Cassandane
* Lots of mailing list activity.
* People upgrading from 2.3!
* Added readonly mode.
* Fixed issue with intermediates and renames WITHIN a user breaking replication.
* Threeskip design!
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Cyrus-devel