Status of ftp server?

Bron Gondwana brong at fastmailteam.com
Wed Feb 26 02:35:54 EST 2020

On Tue, Feb 25, 2020, at 10:16, Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The documentation in numerous places states that release tarballs can be
> obtained from "ftp.cyrusimap.org". However, this server appears to be
> offline.
>
> Example reference:
> <https://www.cyrusimap.org/imap/download/getcyrus.html#use-a-release-packaged-tarball>
>
> Do all the various documentation locations referencing FTP need to be
> updated, or is it intended to bring the FTP server back online?

Thanks for reminding us about the FTP server situation, we'll figure something out shortly one way or the other.

I suspect we'll actually move to entirely HTTP, since FTP is a pretty awful protocol to firewall and manage compared to HTTP which can be easily hosted directly out of Github, which is where our code and issue tracker is stored.

Cheers,

 Bron Gondwana, CEO, Fastmail Pty Ltd
 brong at fastmailteam.com