time for cyrus-imap v3.2?

ellie timoney ellie at fastmail.com
Tue Nov 5 17:24:39 EST 2019

On Tue, Nov 5, 2019, at 4:44 PM, Bron Gondwana wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 5, 2019, at 12:04, Ricardo Signes wrote:
>> So, I think the plan was to cut a stable Cyrus 3.2 after we had stable JMAP. Is that time now? We talked about this on the Zoom call today.
>
> I think we're pretty close to it. The big question is: do we fork what will eventually become 3.2 and keep stabilising on it while we ship UUID mailboxes on master, or do we finish 3.2 before we merge uuid mailboxes.

I don't think we can include uuid mailboxes in 3.2 -- it's too new/untested, whereas this is a "stable release". (But I don't think you were proposing this.)

Whether we fork the 3.2 branch now, or wait until we're closer to releasing it, doesn't really matter to me. Though if we have a bunch of stuff we're still stabilising, it's always easier to do that work on master only rather than juggling it on two branches. But either way, it does mean the mailboxes-by-id branch needs to keep sitting on the side and being rebased until after 3.2 becomes its own branch.