Cyrus 2.5.12 - 'reconstruct' - doesn't?

Karl Pielorz kpielorz_lst at tdx.co.uk
Wed Mar 13 13:47:28 EDT 2019

--On 13 March 2019 at 13:03:03 -0400 Dave McMurtrie <dave64 at andrew.cmu.edu>
wrote:

> Are the files on disk owned by user 'cyrus' or are they owned by root?

All owned by cyrus:cyrus - if I pick "any other mailbox" (which looks
identical disk wise) - reconstruct runs, and outputs the name of the
mailbox it just reconstructed, e.g.

  % reconstruct user.test.somemailbox; echo $?
    user.test.somemailbox
    0
  %
(this one has no issues hence no list of discovered files etc.)

But for the problematic one, it just does:

  % reconstruct user.test.othermailbox; echo $?
    0
  %

>> I expected reconstruct to rebuild them - based on the thousands of
>> "xxxx."  files in that folder - but it didn't. It just returns
>> instantly, and no  cyrus. files are created.
>
> That is what you should expect.  reconstruct will tell you about each
> file it finds.

Ok, no error - no logs so I ktrace'd it. I can see it looks like it's
looking at the mailboxes.db file (this folder *is* in mailboxes.db) - it
then kind of gives up.

I think I'll put this to one side until the server is shutdown - i.e. to
100% rule out anything that might be related to the mailbox possibly being
locked / open. If that still fails guess I'm back to the drawing board /
gdb to find out what's going on.

Thanks for the replies...

-Kp