Xapian searches in Cyrus 3.0

Egoitz Aurrekoetxea egoitz at sarenet.es
Thu Jan 3 12:16:03 EST 2019

Hi Dilyan,

Yes, but I don't really know how Cyrus would behave if you have non
indexed content on your mailbox and it's doing a indexed search. Perhaps
it has a list of indexed emails and asummes (as seems obvious, they
won't change?), and for the rest performs a non indexed search?. By the
way, I assume that when you have a new mail on your mailbox and you see
the following message due to the received new email :

squatter[14957]: Xapian committed 1 updates in 0.004899 sec

It should... have done something due to the mail delivered....

This is what I think...

Cheers!

---

EGOITZ AURREKOETXEA
Departamento de sistemas
944 209 470
Parque Tecnológico. Edificio 103
48170 Zamudio (Bizkaia)
egoitz at sarenet.es
www.sarenet.es [1]
Antes de imprimir este correo electrónico piense si es necesario
hacerlo.

El 03-01-2019 17:53, Дилян Палаузов escribió:

> Hello Egoitz,
>
> my understanding is, that search always succeeds; indexed search is just faster.  Cf.
> docsrc/imap/reference/admin/sop/sqatter.rst .
>
> Triggered squatter does not yet mean, that it stores some results on the hard disk.
>
> Regards
> Дилян
>
> On Thu, 2019-01-03 at 17:09 +0100, Egoitz Aurrekoetxea wrote: Hi Dilyan,
>
> I suppose that should be easy. Run Squatter in rolling mode and send you a message in a testing mailbox where no other emails exist. Then, try to find that word :).. shouldn't it?. Or else, send a mailbox with a big word to search and see if it appears in a search... by the way... when you receive that mail, Squatter should be triggered (when in rolling mode) to index that last email...
>
> Hope it helps!
> Cheers!
> ---
>
> Egoitz Aurrekoetxea
> Departamento de sistemas
> 944 209 470
> Parque Tecnológico. Edificio 103
> 48170 Zamudio (Bizkaia)
> egoitz at sarenet.es
> www.sarenet.es [1]
>
> Antes de imprimir este correo electrónico piense si es necesario hacerlo.
>
> El 03-01-2019 17:00, Дилян Палаузов escribió: Hello Egoitz,
>
> concerning Xapian see discussion at https://github.com/cyrusimap/cyrus-imapd/issues/2234 .
>
> I am still struggling how to verify that for new mails the search information is append, and that for searches this
> information is utilized.
>
> Regards
> Дилян
>
> On Thu, 2019-01-03 at 15:55 +0100, Egoitz Aurrekoetxea wrote: Good afternoon,
>
> I was planning to perform mailboxes squattering in rolling mode. Have you had some kind of expience on searching with Xapian and IMAP protocol?. Perhaps is more designed for JMAP?. Or perhaps, using it with IMAP is not so advantageous?. How your experiences had been in this sense, with this technology?. Is better to use a non Xapian system?. Just, let's say the old way of Squatter without Xapian?.
>
> Best regards,
> --
>
> Egoitz Aurrekoetxea
> Departamento de sistemas
> 944 209 470
> Parque Tecnológico. Edificio 103
> 48170 Zamudio (Bizkaia)
> egoitz at sarenet.es
> www.sarenet.es [1]
>
> Antes de imprimir este correo electrónico piense si es necesario hacerlo.

Links:
------
[1] http://www.sarenet.es