Error building cyrus-imapd-3.1.8

ellie timoney ellie at fastmail.com
Thu Dec 5 17:30:13 EST 2019

Hi David,

That smells like a missing dependency. Have you reviewed https://www.cyrusimap.org/dev/imap/developer/compiling.html ?

Looking at the error, and glancing at the dependencies list, I wonder if you need 'perl-devel'. It's listed as a developer-only dependency, but because you're building from a git tag and not a distribution tarball (where some things with tricky dependencies have been pre-compiled), you will probably need some or all of the developer dependencies as well.

It would be nice if configure would report the missing dependency, instead of succeeding and then the build fails. If you can track down which missing dependency caused this problem, please let us know and I'll update configure to complain about it. :)

Cheers,

ellie