Notes May 7
brong at fastmailteam.com
Mon May 7 07:47:37 EDT 2018
* worked on some Cassandane stuff
* spent far too much time working out why smtpserver was playing up,
seems maybe just a local issue* kept working on mailboxes.db stuff.
* looked at SASL a bit - waiting for feedback from Alexey, will probably
release this week. - RC today
- final release Friday
* waiting for rest of feedback on LIST-MYRIGHTS before doing fixes
* expect something back on fcc too! Bron will ask list for feedback
- had already
* implemented UNAUTHENTICATE in master, seems to work fine. Would be
good for murder. - ellie: should it be only for admins?
- text suggests: should only be used for admins.
- security risk if non-admins, intermediate proxy may not be aware,
and then connection is still available to user, who can authenticate
to backend as another user without proxy checking for validity.
* Discussion about semi-synchronous replication.
* Github issue from FM - issue with mailbox with no parent.
Assigned to Ken. - could simplify the LIST code
- Ken and Robert to look into
- needed soon, so on 3.1.x
* added support for sentdate, which includes a version change for both
cache and index - created github issues around version upgrades, replication
and costs. - problem is: if replicating new field that replica doesn't support,
creates CRC mismatches - fix for now: make savedate optional and turned off by default, so
can upgrade everything first before turning on - better fix is to support storing in annotation for older versions,
and seamlessly upgrade/downgrade without breaking CRCs.
* been implementing latest JSCalendar in Cyrus for the last week
- more or less done
- minor differences between Cyrus and spec still
- with experience, can update JSCalendar RFC draft, will send
out tomorrow - will discuss with Daniel (IETF calext) when to schedule last call
- make it overlap CalConnect and overlap IETF102 deadline to get
more feedback.* JMAP Mail work - have implemented Email/parse - so can now look at
attached emails. - believe we are now feature complete for parts which are
implemented in Cyrus - missing feature: interim states (e.g. A => B, B => A mailbox
renames) - Ken: do we need it for reference implementation status? Yes,
we should! - question: priority vs other things (calendar / contacts code
cleanup) - not implemented:
+ vacation responses (hook up sieve to JMAP)
+ JMAP notifications (push in-process)
+ Making EmailSubmission more sophisticated (means big change in how
we work in Cyrus) - discussion of future-scheduled events (e.g. snooze, undo send, etc)
* been picking at cassandane and the imapparse stuff but haven't made
concrete progress* spent some time investigating moving the parse_ functions from imapd
into imapparse.c so they can be tested - would be a pretty big faff and the whole reason is to backport the
eatline changes to 3.0 - amount of surgery before cunit can see them would be too much for a
3.0.x release* spent a bunch of time reading about github pages for www.cyrusimap.org
* just started working on splitting system flags in struct index_field.* other work was FM specific (mostly perl)
Bron Gondwana, CEO, FastMail Pty Ltd
brong at fastmailteam.com
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Cyrus-devel