Cyrus meeting minutes: Feb 20 2018
nicola at fastmailteam.com
Mon Feb 19 16:41:47 EST 2018
Present: Partha, Ellie, Robert (rsto), Nic (onlight), Nicola, Jason (tibbs), Simon, Bron
So great chatting (text/voice) to everyone on the call and watching
momentum build as we work towards a compliant jmap implementation and
making life easier for future administrators.
Next meeting: same time next week. 9pm Monday Feb 26th
* Ellie and Nic B have been working on cleaning up issues raised
on the list.
*Sync log configuration*: Nic B
* Possible problem with overloading sync_log for use with squatter and
replication* There is an assumed default of "squatter", but we still require the
user to define that via the sync_log_channel: directive. In other
words, they must set "sync_log_channel: squatter" even to use the
default. The problem is that if the user does that, and they're
already using rolling replication, we break their rolling
replication, because the default empty-set sync_log_channel is now no
longer assumed.* getting rid of the magic "" channel, and making "add to
sync_log_channels" a mandatory step for every type of replication* master only: for 3.2, so we don't break existing configs
* ellie to file github issue and work on fixing for master
*Fedora packaging*: Jason
* gcc 8 updated, so now Cyrus won't build!
* possible fortify source checks failing? buffer overflow in master?
* cassandane test run 17 errors, 5 failures.
* Working on getting better core dumps and gdb traces to work out
what's going on* Jason to follow up with Robert
* Breaking in Jenkins at cyrus.works, but works for Robert S,
environment issues? Partha to check* Do we need to tag versions of cyrus libs? Yes - rsto/ellie/partha
to work on
* Refactor on hold: two big things coming. Change on email object type,
transactional requirements of setX.* Need a way to order changes
* Bron is at M3AAWG this week, talking all things email
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Cyrus-devel