Discussion on Hacker News about CMU discontinuing Cyrus

Bron Gondwana brong at fastmail.fm
Mon May 8 08:41:06 EDT 2017

https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=14282678

Lots of interesting discussion in there.  Luckily I got in on time to post the highest rated response!

---

Cyrus development will not be affected by this. While CMU has been running Cyrus, and employing one of the key developers, FastMail has a team dedicated to supporting the biggest open source project that we use. We have a new developer starting on Wednesday next week as well as Ken from CMU who has agreed to keep working on Cyrus as a FastMail employee and representing the project at conferences.

We are committed to improving the project and keeping it open. As a member of the Cyrus IMAP board, I'm very proud of the 3.0 release that we recently made, and we're currently planning for the 3.1 release which will include further significant improvements.

---

There's plenty more interesting comments in there.  I'll be working on finding a good legal home for the project this week.

Cheers,

  brong at fastmail.fm