Had problems upgrading to 3.0?

Nicola Nye nicola at fastmailteam.com
Fri Jul 28 03:10:20 EDT 2017

Hi!

As a doc maintainer on the Cyrus project I read the responses coming in to the upgrade survey, which is linked to at the bottom of the 3.0 upgrade instructions.
*If you have problems with your upgrade,* and you want help, *please follow up with a post to the mailing list! *
The survey response form is not a good way to get help: after all, we have no idea who sent it in so we can't respond.
With that in mind, someone recently sent in a report saying:

> Upgrade failed, "reconstruct" fails with "double free or corruption", only inbox but no subfolders available whereas unixhierarchysep and altnamespace are set to 0. Back to a working 2.5 version.
If this was you, and you want some help upgrading, send through some more information. (There's no "double free" string anywhere in the Cyrus source: is it something out of valgrind?) Is there log information? What was your imapd.conf before/after?
Equally, if this was you and you want help:
> it does not work. can't find a solution. cyrus is not logging. reconstruct is crashing.
What platform are you on, is there any further error messages on the console?
Cheers,

   Nicola