SASL 2.1.27 rc2

Quanah Gibson-Mount quanah at symas.com
Fri Jul 14 19:24:50 EDT 2017

--On Friday, July 14, 2017 9:10 AM -0400 Ken Murchison <murch at fastmail.com>
wrote:

> Please give the code a spin and report any issues in GitHub.  Remember
> that patches (preferably pull requests) are greatly appreciated.  I have
> created a 2.1.27 milestone, so please tag any new or existing issues and
> pull requests with that milestone if you deem them important enough for
> this release.  I'd like to make further release candidates once a week,
> if possible, with a goal of having a final release by mid-August.

Hi Ken,

I finished going through the Debian patchset and filing new issues for
things that hadn't already been addressed.  I also took a deep dive into
issue #338, which apparently had a couple of duplicates.  Based off the
changes to sasl2.m4, I'm fairly certain the issue is resolved, as MIT
provides an alias from the Heimdal function to their function, and the
configure check will enable the option of the person doing the build is
using MIT kerberos.

I've opened up a few pull requests for some of the other issues, where it
seemed appropriate (306, 419, 304, 440, 372, 443, 445).  There were a few
items I was unsure on, so just left those in the tracker (445, 447, 448).

I've followed up on 381 after tracking down the original bug report -- It
is to add support for the Dovecot IMAP server.

Also, I'm fairly positive that issue#378 is a duplicate of issue#419.

--Quanah

--

Quanah Gibson-Mount
Product Architect