sync_server protocol & sync_try_imap option

Thomas Cataldo tcataldo at gmail.com
Mon Jan 30 10:07:15 EST 2017

Hi,

I have some questions about sync_server protocol regarding the
sync_try_imap option.

When trying a git build of cyrus 3, sync_client begins its dialog with the
sync_server with a :

C01 CAPABILITY

I understand what the answer should be to this capability request, I issue
the same command to a cyrus 3 sync_server and here is what I get :

root at bm1604:~# telnet localhost 2500

Trying ::1...

Trying 127.0.0.1...

Connected to localhost.

Escape character is '^]'.

* SASL PLAIN

* STARTTLS

* COMPRESS DEFLATE

* OK bm1604 Cyrus sync server 3.0.0-rc1-70-gd12e571

C01 CAPABILITY

BAD IMAP_PROTOCOL_ERROR Unrecognized command

So my question is whether the master branch really supports an imap like
variant of the replication protocol. If it does, I would like to know how
to enable it.

What I expect is that with tagged commands, the replication could multiplex
some of its operations.

eg. when 2 mailboxes are changed, it could issue :

M01 APPLY MAILBOX %(...)

M02 APPLY MAILBOX %(...)

without waiting for the response to M01.

Regards,

Thomas.