State of Perl scripts in tools, esp. in re: hash

Nic Bernstein nic at onlight.com
Fri Jan 13 13:39:19 EST 2017

On 01/13/2017 07:00 AM, Nic Bernstein via Cyrus-devel wrote:
> I can (and, honestly, already have) fix translatesieve, and a similar
> fix can be added to upgradesieve or any other of these scripts.  I
> think rehash should be left alone, as anyone who's already used
> hashing has what they have, which means they may already have
> upper-case directories.  Let's not break that.
>
> I'll have something committed in an hour or two.

Okay, that was a bogus claim.  Turns out translatesieve assumes that one
needs adjust for both altnamespace AND unixhierarchysep.  If you have
already been using altnamespace, it borks up the sieve scripts
mercilessly.  This requires a complete rewrite, which I've undertaken,
so it won't be getting committed anytime soon. Hopefully this weekend :-)

Cheers,
     -nic

Nic Bernstein                             nic at onlight.com
Onlight, Inc.                             www.onlight.com
6525 W Bluemound Road, Suite 24           v. 414.272.4477
Milwaukee, Wisconsin  53213-4073