Development team meetings: Monday 11am UTC

Bron Gondwana brong at fastmail.fm
Sun Jan 1 23:50:24 EST 2017

Hi all, Happy New Year!

Our development team meetings are continuing this year at 11am UTC (currently 10pm Australia and 6am New York time).  Next one is in about 6 hours from now.

https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meetingdetails.html?year=2017&month=1&day=2&hour=11&min=0&sec=0&p1=152&p2=179

We've been meeting with Google Hangouts, since they seem to work reasonably well for everybody and support enough users for our needs.  Sometimes they fail and we have to create a new one, in which case we'll talk about it in #cyrus on Freenode IRC.

The current hangout URL is https://plus.google.com/hangouts/_/g4xnqjjb5zvomzeb4kqvja3fz4a

You're all very welcome to come along and contribute, or get involved with the code on Github.  We'd love to create a few more tasks that are easy for newcomers to start contributing to the code or documentation, there are currently a couple of tasks here:

https://github.com/cyrusimap/cyrus-imapd/issues?q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aopen+label%3Afirst-timers

Our current major goal is preparing the 3.0 branch for release.  This requires a little bit of code work, but mostly documentation and testing now.

Regards,

  brong at fastmail.fm