Does cyrus user need a shell?

ellie timoney ellie at fastmail.com
Tue Feb 7 18:24:38 EST 2017

Another data point: on my development/testing setup, the cyrus user's
shell is /bin/false.  I'm not sure what the practical difference is, if
any, between this and nologin.  I get no issues with this for
conventional use.

But for post-hoc debugging/examining state/etc, I often want a working
shell as the cyrus user, and for that I use this:
https://github.com/elliefm/cyrus-build-tools/blob/master/cyrus-shell

Cheers,

ellie