missing uniqueid? [was: Re: 3.0.2: info [mailbox] failed on murder, Internal error: assertion failed]

Stephan Lauffer lauffer at ph-freiburg.de
Fri Aug 11 11:08:11 EDT 2017

Hi

Zitat von StHelloephan Lauffer <lauffer at ph-freiburg.de>:

> Hello!
>
> In our test environment we have two 3.0.2 backends and a 3.0.2
> mupdate/frontend server.
>
> The one and only mailbox is user.test, We can xfer this mbox between
> the backends, so far so good.
>
> If we ask the frontend about the mailbox the imapd session crashes.
> A simple "lm" is ok.
>
> May we have a bug in our configs which may cause this..?
>
> ---------- cyrus Thu Aug 10 16:32:57 2017
>
> <1502375577<4 RLIST "" ""
>> 1502375577>* LIST (\Noselect) "." ""
> 4 OK Completed (0.000 secs)
> <1502375581<5 GETANNOTATION user.test "*" ("value.priv" "value.shared")
>> 1502375581>* BYE Fatal error: Internal error: assertion failed:
>> imap/annotate.c: 1680: state->mailbox

In imap/mboxlist.c mboxlist_parse_entry() we except to get the
uniqueid if we found a extended mboxlist entry.

Indeed the entry is extended on the mupdate servers mboxlist and on
the backend server. But the mupdate server has no uniqueid.

I guess this is the problem here. state->mailbox fails in annotate.c
before we test if uniqueid is set there:

Line 1680 in annotate.c...:

     assert(state->mailbox);

     if (state->mailbox->uniqueid)
         buf_appendcstr(&value, state->mailbox->uniqueid);

Btw: Is there a good reason not to store die ID in the mailboxes.db.

output of strings on the backend...:
# strings /var/lib/imap/mailboxes.db
twoskip file
6user.test%(A %(test lrswipkxtecdan) I 02tws5d0y4ecnp9rhgy66p5m P 00 V
1502362835 F 1 M 1502374944)

output of strings on the mupdate server:
strings /var/lib/imap/mailboxes.db
twoskip file
user.test%(A %(test lrswipkxtecdan) P 00 S mailsg-hx T r M 1502449874)

--
Liebe Gruesse, with best regards
Stephan Lauffer

Pedagogical University Freiburg - Germany
http://www.ph-freiburg.de/zik/
Fon/ Fax: +49 761 682 -559/ -486