Potential patch to filter mailboxes depending on annotation for non Kolab email clients

Timotheus Pokorra timotheus at pokorra.de
Sat Nov 5 03:39:17 EDT 2016

Hello,

we have this discussion in Kolab [0] about whether to have an
additional proxy (Guam) to process the data that comes from Cyrus
imapd, or to patch Cyrus imapd itself.

What do you think about the attached patch?
It checks if the email client identifies with Kolab in its name, and
if not, only mailbox folders with annotation containing "mail" are
published with the LIST command. If there are no folder annotations,
the folder is published as well.

Are there any flaws with that patch? My C knowledge is quite rusty...

Would this patch be suitable for merging upstream? Or is this
something we should keep in the Cyrus package packaged for Kolab?

Thank you, and have a nice weekend,
  Timotheus

[0]: https://lists.kolab.org/pipermail/devel/2016-November/015490.html