Minutes Feb 1, 2016

Bron Gondwana brong at fastmail.fm
Mon Feb 1 06:22:59 EST 2016

Present:
* Bron, Ellie, Ken, Simon

Bron:
* at LCA (Linux Conf AU) this week.
* FastMail code on top of the new sharing model
* JMAP - the getMessageList code is very inefficient with filters - planning to optimise this next week by reusing the sort/search code from index.c, and maybe/probably abstract this out into the generic message interface - have an object which can have partial data loaded for each message and an array type for it for sorting the filter result.
* doing a talk on Twoskip on Wednesday, and on JMAP on Friday.  Doing real work next week.

Ken:
* going to work on subscriptions this week (calendar sharing)
* put mailbox type in the subscription DB (filter faster)
* value - maybe a DList with the same values as mailboxes.db - Ken will try it out and see what makes sense
* discussion around issues with renames and what happens to uniqueids in subs DB.

Simon:
* going well, don't have a job right now (anyone reading this want to hire Simon?)
* getting up to date on PHP
* haven't done anything Cyrus related for a while
* on cyrusimap.org, the dropdown list of documentation goes below the bottom of the window with all the different versions

Ellie:
* after LCA we should get the new Backups code running at FastMail for more serious testing.
* plan is to run a few users in parallel - backup with new code along with current system
* test restores and make sure it's rolling reliably
* backups are 3.x only

We should do another 3.x beta release.
* waiting on docs
* waiting on calendar sharing - hopefully this week

Documentation:
* the sphinx git is building on cyrusimap.org/new/ every hour or something.  We need to work out how we want to integrate it and make all the links within the site good.  Make things findable!

  brong at fastmail.fm