Where did old Tasks go? [was Re: git.cyrus.foundation deprecated]

Bron Gondwana brong at fastmail.fm
Wed Dec 21 18:34:19 EST 2016

https://web.archive.org/web/20150406213645/https://git.cyrus.foundation/T16

When upgrading a Cyrus IMAP Murder (discrete), 2.4 backends do not
advertise the MOVE capability, but 2.5 frontends will -- and happily
proxy the UID MOVE command despite the fact that the backends do not
support RFC 6851[1]

So the fix is to disable MOVE on the frontend by suppressing the
capability.

Bron.

On Thu, 22 Dec 2016, at 09:34, Nic Bernstein wrote:

> Bron,

>  Darn!  The only reference I'm able to find to T16 is in commit
>  a412ffd97b26, which is about as unrelated to the issue as can be:
>
>> $ git show a412ffd97b26 commit
>> a412ffd97b2678f8bf5da967116b8759f0ebbfa1 Author: Jeroen van Meeuwen
>> (Kolab Systems) <vanmeeuwen at kolabsys.com> Date:   Tue Mar 3 02:03:21
>> 2015 +0100  Add a note on Cyrus IMAP Murder Topologies that upgrade
>> to 2.5.0  Fixes T16  diff --git
>> a/doc/source/imap/features/namespaces.rst
>> b/doc/source/imap/features/namespaces.rst index 8be8d3f..7c37603
>> 100644 --- a/doc/source/imap/features/namespaces.rst +++
>> b/doc/source/imap/features/namespaces.rst @@ -25,6 +25,8 @@ By
>> default, up to versions prior to Cyrus IMAP version *netnews*
>> namespace convention -- a ``.`` (dot) character is used as the
>> hierarchy separator.  +Further implications and limitations of this
>> convention include: + *   Mailbox names are case-sensitive, *   A
>> mailbox name may not start with a ``.`` (dot) character, *   A
>> mailbox name may not contain two ``.`` (dot) characters in a row,
>>
> This obviously has nothing to do with Murder and is just an editorial
> comment in the documentation.
>

>  Anyone else know what T16 might have been about? :-[

>      -nic

> On 12/21/2016 03:19 PM, Bron Gondwana wrote:

>> Hi Nic,

>> My understanding is that Kolab had a disk failure and lost
>> git.cyrus.foundation, so I have been unable to get anything out of
>> Phabricator.
>>

>> Unfortunately before that time I didn't have the correct
>> administrative access to be able to extract all the tasks and
>> information, so I'm going to assume everything that we did on that
>> system that wasn't in the git repositories and synced out is now
>> lost.  I'm quite annoyed with myself that I didn't at least save HTML
>> dumps of the pages that I had access to see, but I assumed I could
>> get the data out cleanly at some point in the future, so I didn't
>> push as hard as I should.
>>

>> Regards,

>> Bron.

>> On Thu, 22 Dec 2016, at 04:15, Nic Bernstein wrote:

>>> Friends,

>>> Where did the Maniphest Tasks go when the move to github was made?

>>> I ask because the release notes for 2.5.X say:

>>> and those notes contain this:

>>> But the link for Task #16 is dead, still pointing to
>>> git.cyrus.foundation:

>>> I'd be happy to fix that, but am unclear as to where this
>>> information now lives.

>>> Cheers,

  brong at fastmail.fm

Links: