cyrus-imapd-2.5 build broken at 865199d -- needs -lrt

Giles Malet gdmalet at uwaterloo.ca
Mon Dec 5 11:12:12 EST 2016

Hello Philipp,

> how old a glibc are we talking about? The dependency of clock_*
> on rt was removed some time ago [0].

This is an up-to-date Redhat Enterprose 6.8 system. While not exactly leading edge, it's a current system, in use by many. It currently ships with:

glibc-2.12-1.192.el6.x86_64

I checked on a newer system:

Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 7.3 (Maipo)
glibc-2.17-157.el7.x86_64

and it does indeed link successfully, so there has been a change between those two versions. I'll try find a way around this. Although we're phasing out the older RHES 6 systems and moving to 7, there are still plenty around.

Cheers,