May not make meeting tonight

Bron Gondwana brong at fastmail.fm
Mon Aug 8 05:08:48 EDT 2016

I'm not sure if I'll make today's meeting - depends a lot on exactly how long I wind up having to spend picking up daughter from rehearsal.  Go ahead without me anyway :)

I don't have much to say - deglass run at FastMail went fine, but I discovered that xapian_compact lost the new vs old prefixing data, causing search to "forget" old messages until I patched Cyrus to always do both search types even if it thought it didn't need them.

There's also been some discussion over email about validating VCARDs for weird control characters which break sync with clients.  Ideally clients wouldn't break, but... what do you do.  We'll either reject those cards at create time, or we'll filter out bogus characters.

  brong at fastmail.fm