Cyrus docs: The Unifying
nicolan at fastmail.com
Tue Sep 29 21:34:04 EDT 2015
Per the last discussion, let's make the migration happen.
*) Move everything onto cyrusimap.org
*) Retain Sphinx for docs
Here's the plan of action so everyone knows what's coming...
1) Install Sphinx v1.2.3 on cyrusimap.org
2) Configure Sphinx to auto-build on new pushes to
(Basically replicating the existing config on docs.cyrus.foundation)
Set up the resultant html on a backup url on cyrusimap.org for now so we
can check it's working.
3) Move the wiki to one side and use Sphinx doc as primary
I don't want to delete the wiki altogether - I'm sure there's info in
there I haven't yet found and migrated. (paranoia!)
... At this point cyrusimap.org is once again our primary internet
But wait, there's more.
4) Move the git repos off git.cyrus.foundation to somewhere
5) Move the cyrus-docs content into cyrus-imapd/docs
Ideally we'd like to keep the git history.
Requires also updating docs, messages to lists and updating
the Sphinx build and permissions in git for commit access.
6) Do fancy stuff with the build
Set it up so the build ships with output html or a pdf.
Set it up so the sphinx-generated man pages ARE shipped with the build.
Fix up the other cross-repo doc generation issues.
7) Migrate anything useful from Phabricator back to Bugzilla.
And make Bugzilla pretty.
8) Turn off docs.cyrus.foundation
More information about the Cyrus-devel