Understanding mailbox SELECT

Conrad Kleinespel conradk at conradk.com
Fri Sep 18 03:23:07 EDT 2015

Hello Dan,

Thanks for your help.

hello at localhost is not an admin the only admin I have is called cyrus
(no domain).

I'm running a somewhat outdated version (last commit sept. 7th) of the
master branch.

I don't see any errors or messages related to permissions or message
access in syslog.

I created the mailbox like this in cyradm:
% cm localhost!shared/contact cm localhost!user/hello

The config has not changed since I created the mailbox.

This is my config in imapd.conf: configdirectory: /var/imap partition-
default: /var/spool/imap lmtpsocket: /var/run/cyrus/socket/lmtp admins:
cyrus sasl_pwcheck_method: saslauthd allowplaintext: yes virtdomains:
yes unixhierarchysep: yes postuser: shared altnamespace: yes

And cyrus.conf: START {  # do not delete this entry!  recover
cmd="ctl_cyrusdb -r" }

# UNIX sockets start with a slash and are put into /var/imap/sockets
SERVICES {  # add or remove based on preferences  imap
cmd="imapd" listen="imap" prefork=0  pop3        cmd="pop3d"
listen="pop3" prefork=0

# LMTP is required for delivery (socket is set for Sendmail MTA)
lmtpunix    cmd="lmtpd" listen="/var/run/cyrus/socket/lmtp" prefork=0 }

EVENTS {  # this is required  checkpoint    cmd="ctl_cyrusdb -c"
period=30

# this is only necessary if using duplicate delivery suppression
delprune    cmd="ctl_deliver -E 3" at=0400

# expire data older than 28 days  deleteprune cmd="cyr_expire -E 4 -D
28" at=0430  expungeprune cmd="cyr_expire -E 4 -X 28" at=0445

# this is only necessary if caching TLS sessions  tlsprune
cmd="tls_prune" at=0400 }

Thanks again,

Best regards,

Conrad Kleinespel conradk at conradk.com +33 6 23 82 42 79