Unifying the Cyrus World

Chris Davies chris at fastmail.com
Thu Sep 17 00:51:34 EDT 2015

On Thu, 17 Sep 2015, at 11:50 AM, Nicola Nye wrote:
>  *Possible solutions*
>
> In all cases it seems clear that we should stop using the
> cyrus.foundation domain and ideally services that are hosted there be
> shifted to live alongside cyrusimap.org for ease of access.
I think this is a great idea. We don't need two domains for a project of
this scale. It's caused me confusion having two sets of things, I would
imagine it's confusing for customers/users.

> There are a number of @cyrus.foundation email accounts that would need
> to be dealt with for Chris Davies' testing.
Just for clarification, I have davies at cyrus.foundation and I think
several other people were given an @cyrus.foundation address. I can
update all the instances of my address and  would encourage others to do
the same so they don't lose access to anything they've setup.

I vote for any option with a single domain :-], we can have anything
important as a subdoamin of cyrusimap.org. I've shutdown
https://ci.cyrus.foundation/and am in the process of setting up the new
ci.cyrusimap.org.

> *Recommendation*
>
> I am leaning towards suggesting option 2. Anything that makes
> documentation support easier is a good! But we'd still like to retain
> the usefulness of sphinx for generating two output formats from single
> source man pages.

> *What Now?*
>
> Discuss! I imagine those folks who come to the Hangout in the next few
> meetings will kick it around and we'll come to a decision next week.
I'll be in the meeting on Monday. I don't have a strong opinion on this
to be honest, as long as as it's obvious which version of docs goes with
which version of whatever I’m testing.