Minutes 11 May

Nic Bernstein nic at onlight.com
Mon May 11 16:53:47 EDT 2015

On 05/11/2015 08:52 AM, Bron Gondwana wrote:
> Website - the situation with cyrusimap.org and cyrus.foundation is
> awfully confusing. Somebody needs to take ownership for uncrapping this.
> Nobody put their hand up yet, so we'll see if it happens by Thursday or
> I might start appointing people;)

I've already spoken up about trying to do something about this, but to
no avail.  I'll volunteer to at the very least uncrap things a bit.
However, the current site has some problems with the authentication
system.  I have credentials on the site, but had lost/forgotten the
password.  I used the password reset facility, but now when I log in I
am asked to change my password, and that process always results in this
message:

    There seems to be a problem with your login session; this action has
    been canceled as a precaution against session hijacking. Go back to
    the previous page, reload that page and then try again.

So I'm stuck.  If someone can fix this, fine; please do so.  If not, I
can register again, but then need someone with authority to authorize my
new account, and I'll probably be asked to update my password, and...
(wash, rinse, repeat).

> Speaking of naming - cyrusfoundation ==http://www.cyrusfoundation.org/
> == not us.  We need a new name.  Cyrus IMAP Foundation -> two imappy.
> Cyrus Mail Foundation -> not enough cal/carddav.  "Cyrus Connect" -
> doesn't someone already own "* Connect"?

FWIW, both cyrus-connect.com and cyrus-connect.org are available, as are
the unhyphenated versions, cyrusconnect.{com|org}.

>    But maybe.  reCyrus /

recyrus.{io|com|org} are all available

> librecyrus

lirecyrus.{io|com|org} are all available

Okay, putting aside simple whois searches and getting back to work now.
     -nic

PS - Great to meet folks at OpenSuSE and Kolab conferences last week. :-)

Nic Bernstein                             nic at onlight.com
Onlight, Inc.                             www.onlight.com
1442 N Farwell Ave., Suite 600            v. 414.272.4477
Milwaukee, Wisconsin  53202