howto: set up a cyrus development environment

Conrad Kleinespel conradk at conradk.com
Sat May 2 05:59:05 EDT 2015

Hello Bron,

Thanks for the tips.

User "cyrus" was not in group "mail". This is now fixed on my machine. I
then re-ran the test runner with the "-v" flag. I'm getting a "no valid
identifier" for the "setacl" command. This is not the case when testing
on the cyrus-imapd-2.5 branch as suggested by Ellie. With that branch,
the first two tests pass, which is not the case on "master".

Here's the output:

C: 1 login admin "testpw"
S: * OK [CAPABILITY IMAP4rev1 LITERAL+ ID ENABLE AUTH=PLAIN AUTH=LOGIN
AUTH=DIGEST-MD5 SASL-IR] conradk Cyrus IMAP 3.0-dev1663 server ready
=====> Instance[1588] authdaemon connection: admin testpw imap
S: 1 OK [CAPABILITY IMAP4rev1 LITERAL+ ID ENABLE ACL RIGHTS=kxten QUOTA
MAILBOX-REFERRALS NAMESPACE UIDPLUS NO_ATOMIC_RENAME UNSELECT CHILDREN
MULTIAPPEND BINARY CATENATE CONDSTORE ESEARCH SEARCH=FUZZY SORT
SORT=MODSEQ SORT=DISPLAY SORT=UID THREAD=ORDEREDSUBJECT
THREAD=REFERENCES ANNOTATEMORE ANNOTATE-EXPERIMENT-1 METADATA
LIST-EXTENDED LIST-STATUS LIST-MYRIGHTS WITHIN QRESYNC SCAN XLIST XMOVE
MOVE SPECIAL-USE CREATE-SPECIAL-USE DIGEST=SHA1 X-REPLICATION URLAUTH
URLAUTH=BINARY LOGINDISABLED COMPRESS=DEFLATE X-QUOTA=STORAGE
X-QUOTA=MESSAGE X-QUOTA=X-ANNOTATION-STORAGE X-QUOTA=X-NUM-FOLDERS IDLE]
User logged in
SESSIONID=<0946241-29767-1430559984-1-10651732155156946999>
C: 2 create user.cassandane
S: 2 OK Completed
C: 3 setacl user.cassandane admin lrswipkxtecda
S: 3 NO Invalid identifier