brong at fastmail.fm
Mon Mar 16 18:50:34 EDT 2015
Meetings are held here: https://plus.google.com/hangouts/_/g4xnqjjb5zvomzeb4kqvja3fz4a
Everyone is welcome if you are interested in volunteering or just knowing what's going on.
The next meeting is on Thursday Australia/Wednesday rest of the world:
Present - the usual suspects: Ken, Ellie, Jeroen, Anthony, Bron. Apologies from Simon who had to rescue a sick child.
- working on merging http code from caldav-2.4 to master
- it's compiling, but not tested
- the ACL code has been changed back to match the spec, but with a header Overwrite: F to give more IMAP-like semantics.
- working on uniqueid-based-paths
- we'll need upgrade path for existing installs (maybe detect old path and rename-on-open?)
- reconstruct et al will need support for the new paths. Rebuild mailboxes.db from the new cyrus.header with all mailboxes.db data in it.
- working on autoconf
- going slowly, sorting out what's actually needed and simplifying
Bron going away from 1st to 10th of April. Will be in Tasmania - slow internet, no hangouts, still answering email. Will have search system in place for Anthony to work on by then.
- been looking at replication code to see how to build backup/restore from it
- new task: T110 - the sync-based XFER. To work with Ken on porting from caldav-2.4 to master (and backport to 2.5)
- going to put all the breakdown of tasks for this into Phab.
- Jeroen would like to have a place where tests run which isn't his personal desktop. We need to get the Jenkins machine up and running. There are a few choices, FastMail has real hardware, or we can set up something temporarily on softlayer. Bron to work out the right thing tomorrow with Chris.
- new features spotty on older platforms - not recent enough versions of dependencies (i.e. Jansson) available
- All these platforms can run Docker though.
- conclusion: we aren't going to spend effort trying to support old versions of libraries. Either build your own and link against it, or just run one of our docker images. We will build a batteries-included docker image that anyone can run - just bind mount in the data paths and away you go.
- providing packages now, using Kolab's build system, because OpenSuSE's buildd didn't do enough different platforms.
- still built manually from tarball right now - could make this automatic, but only after passing the test suite (see above)
- it needs to be replaced and/or updated. Right now our public information is shockingly out of date/bad.
- FastMail will have a new tech writer soon, and we should have some of their time for the Cyrus project.
- site to be moved to a Drupal instance run by Kolab.
Nobody had anything else to talk about, and everyone has stuff to go on with.
brong at fastmail.fm
More information about the Cyrus-devel