[Differential] [Request, 378 lines] D52: Create ReStructureText manpage for imapd.conf

Nic Bernstein nic at onlight.com
Tue Jun 23 17:49:36 EDT 2015

Dear Developers and especially #imap_reviewers,
This recently pushed diff, D52, is intended to support the creation of
rI:cyrus-imapd/man/imapd.conf.rst, which in turn can be plopped into
rD:cyrus-docs/source/imapd/admin/configs/imapd.conf.rst to build man
pages and online documentation.

In order to get this to work, I had to make some small changes to
lib/imapoptions, mostly to correct non-standard comments which cause
issues both with the existing config2man as well as with the new
config2rst commands.

As I don't have rights to land this, I hope someone who does have those
rights will do so, assuming it passes review.

The next issue to deal with, then, is to get config2rst added into the
autoconf/makefile stuff, and to figure out just how we will actually
merge imapd.conf.rst into rD, and then to merge the generated man pages
from rD:cyrus-docs/build/man back into rI:cyrus-imapd/man.

I leave these tasks for the actual developers, rather than little old
me. :-)

Along with D49, this should close T84.

Cheers,
     -nic

Nic Bernstein                             nic at onlight.com
Onlight, Inc.                             www.onlight.com
1442 N Farwell Ave., Suite 600            v. 414.272.4477
Milwaukee, Wisconsin  53202