My cassandane tests break. Yours too?

rsto at paranoia.at rsto at paranoia.at
Fri Dec 4 01:21:38 EST 2015

On Fri, Dec 4, 2015, at 02:20 AM, ellie timoney via Cyrus-devel wrote:

> > Cool. Tests work now. Thank you both.
>
> They're weird for me (cass master, cyrus master)
>
> If I run with the -j switch (multiple parallel jobs), then I get a lot
> of syslog noise spammed onto my terminals(!), but the tests eventually
> all report OK.

To add a minor data point: Same for me. It seems that the syslog noise
uses the emergency facility:
After commenting out the following lines in my /etc/rsyslog.conf

    #
    # Emergencies are sent to everybody logged in.
    #
    #*.emerg                                :omusrmsg:*

the tests didn't blast my console anymore. Since my development
environment is just a VM I am OK with that workaround, but I wouldn't
call it a solution.

Cheers,
Robert