Docs and the :manpage: tag

Nicola Nye nicolan at fastmail.com
Thu Aug 13 22:25:26 EDT 2015

Hi Nic,

There were a bunch of :manpage: references that were missing the (x)
section number. I've amended the pages and committed a new version of
the code which provides better reporting.

Do you know if there's any :manpage: references that are referencing non-
cyrus content? (We don't want to :cyrusman:ls for instance)

Let me know if this works any better for you!

On Fri, Aug 14, 2015, at 01:00 AM, Nic Bernstein wrote:
> On 08/13/2015 12:15 AM, Nicola Nye wrote:
>
>> Delicious victory is mine!
>>
>> We now have a :cyrusman: sphinx option which generates urls
        into our docs.cyrus.foundation tree, performing string munging
        magic to match the generated url to our directory and filename
        structure.

>> Now, to look at updating all the references in our existing
        docs so that it uses the new tag...

> Nicola, Doesn't work for me.
>
> I pulled your changes, and then ran the following script to replace
    all :manpage: references with :cyrusman:

>> $ for file in `grep -lR ":manpage:" source/imap`; do sed -i $file -e
>> 's/:manpage:/:cyrusman:/g'; done
>>
> Then I ran a build:
>
>> $ make man html
sphinx-build -b cyrman -d build/doctrees   source build/man Running
Sphinx v1.2.2 Initializing cyrusman plugin loading pickled
environment... done building [cyrman]: all manpages updating
environment: [extensions changed] 274 added, 18 changed, 0 removed
reading sources... [  3%] imap/admin/access-control/rights-reference
>> Exception occurred:
  File "/home/nic/Checkouts/cyrus.foundation/cyrus-
  docs/source/exts/sphinxlocal/writers/cyrusman.py", line 49, in
  man_role  manpage_num = m.group(2) AttributeError: 'NoneType' object
  has no attribute 'group'
>> The full traceback has been saved in /tmp/sphinx-err-yWaXf3.log, if
>> you want to report the issue to the developers.
> Full traceback is attached.
>
> Cheers, -nic
>
> --
Nic Bernstein                             nic at onlight.com Onlight llc.
www.onlight.com219 N. Milwaukee St., Ste. 2A            v. 414.272.4477
Milwaukee, Wisconsin  53202               f. 414.290.0335