Patch: forcing SSL before auth

Ken Murchison murch at andrew.cmu.edu
Thu Aug 13 13:13:49 EDT 2015

I know this patch has already been applied to Git, but it shouldn't be
necessary, and can probably be backed out.  If you want to force
confidentiality, all you need to do is to set sasl_minimum_layer to 2 or
higher.  With a value of 2, DIGEST-MD5, GSSAPI, and KERBEROS_V4 will
still be advertised because they all have their own confidentiality
layers (up to 128 bits).  If you want to force TLS to be used before any
SASL mechs are advertised, set sasl_minimum_layer to 129 or higher.

--
Kenneth Murchison
Principal Systems Software Engineer