2.5.0 LIST command: CHILDINFO without RECURSIVEMATCH selection option

Norbert Warmuth now at arcor.de
Sun Apr 12 14:13:26 EDT 2015

Hello,

RFC 5258 states:
  3.5.  CHILDINFO Extended Data Item

     The CHILDINFO extended data item MUST NOT be returned unless the
     client has specified the RECURSIVEMATCH selection option.

cyrus imapd 2.5.0:
   l LIST "" "%" RETURN (SUBSCRIBED)
   * LIST (\Subscribed \HasChildren) "." INBOX (CHILDINFO ("SUBSCRIBED"))
   l OK Completed (0.001 secs 12 calls)

As far as I understand: the result should be
   * LIST (\Subscribed \HasChildren) "." INBOX
because there are no selection options specified.

I don't know if this is a problem for any real client. Just noticed it
while working on cyradm.

Regards,
Norbert