Cyrus 2.5 release plan

James Cassell fedoraproject at cyberpear.com
Wed Sep 17 21:33:23 EDT 2014

On Tue, Sep 16, 2014, at 06:18 PM, Bron Gondwana wrote:
> I've been very idle on Cyrus for a while, I'm sorry.  There's always
> heaps going on at FastMail, and we have been focussing quite a lot on our
> own branch's calendar support recently.
>
> As always, you can see the code we are using, and grab whatever you want
> - it's all under the same licence as upstream Cyrus - right here:
>
> https://github.com/brong/cyrus-imapd/tree/fastmail

[...]
> In October 2014, I'm going to be in the area again.  It seems fitting to
> do the same with 2.5.0 (though we might go to Pittsburgh for Dave this
> time.  Guys, that means 2.6.0 will be in Melbourne in 2018, just so you
> can get planning).
>
> Release date is October 24th if all goes well.

[...]
> If you have a pet feature that MUST be in, or a pet bug that MUST be
> fixed - let us know now.  Bonus points if you've already got a patch for
> it, or a test case :)

I've been working on implementing the imap4flags sieve extension.  The
notable changes over the imapflags extension are support of the :flags
parameter on the 'keep' and 'fileinto' actions, and the 'hasflag' test.
I believe the code to be about 95% complete.  Remaining is support of
the :count parameter to the 'hasflag' test.

I also added support for :copy to the 'keep' action, but just yesterday
realized that the spec doesn't call for a :copy parameter to the keep
action.  I'll amend my patch series to remove this support unless
someone else finds it useful.

I started originally based my work on the 2.4.17 release since that was
the latest stable release.  I have since rebased my work onto master.

I would very much appreciate any testing of the code and welcome any
feedback.

The first patch in the series has nothing to do with sieve.  It allows
the latest CUnit (2.1-3) to run properly.  I couldn't figure out how to
make the change so that it conditionally compiles using autoconf.
Perhaps someone here could help me with that?

Here is my work-in-progress code:

https://github.com/cyberpear/cyrus-imapd/tree/for-review-imap4flags-rev0

Thanks!

V/r,
James Cassell

> Cheers,
>
> Bron.

P.S., Re-sending because I originally sent it from the wrong e-mail
address and the list bounced it.