Re-UID each mail

Florent Peterschmitt florent at peterschmitt.fr
Sat Sep 13 17:23:56 EDT 2014

Hi,

I'm getting into something a little too tricky for me (== don't have
time to investigate enough) : I want to modify cyrus.index files to
change UIDs of all messages in a mailbox.

For now, I have a tiny python script that can change any header value,
but where I'm stuck is for any other header which value depends of others.

Like all CRC ones, for example.

For now, I tested by sending two mails. So their UID are 1 and 2.
After the script, 1 is 2 and 2 is 3.

I've mv each mail to get the correct name.

But now (I knew it would not be so easy), no mail (0 exists, 0 recent).

Python script is here:

https://git.beastie.eu/Leryan/python-cyrusindex/blob/master/cyrindex.py
(cert is hehe: http://data.beastie.eu/FlorentPeterschmitt.ca.crt)

Well. What should I do/use to do this -dumb- work?

A sample code in C is ok for me too ;)

--
Florent Peterschmitt           | Please:
florent at peterschmitt.fr        |  * Avoid HTML/RTF in E-mail.