Preparation for the Cyrus 2.5 release

Ondřej Surý ondrej at sury.org
Thu Oct 23 05:13:44 EDT 2014

Hi Bron,

On Wed, Oct 22, 2014, at 22:53, Bron Gondwana wrote:
> Our goal is to release a pretty-much feature complete alpha this week,
> and ask everyone to test it soon.  We would like to have 2.5 ready for
> inclusion in Debian Jessie, hence the time pressure.

the Debian Jessie freeze is going to happen on November 5th[1] and the
migration time from unstable to testing is now 10 days.

That basically means unless you have a final 2.5 (or at least some
RC[2]) at the end of the week (26th October), it's not going to be
included in Jessie.

I don't see that as a big problem, since we can easily provide a 2.5 in
debian-backports and the Ken's version I have in unstable seems to be
pretty stable.

1. https://release.debian.org/jessie/freeze_policy.html
2. I can push smaller changes via stable-package-update, but that means
those changes needs to be small and isolated enough.

Cheers,
--
Ondřej Surý <ondrej at sury.org>
Knot DNS (https://www.knot-dns.cz/) – a high-performance DNS server