Moving to folders stored in different servers

Andrew Morgan morgan at orst.edu
Wed Nov 19 13:25:09 EST 2014

On Wed, 19 Nov 2014, Fabio S. Schmidt wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have an environment with Cyrus Aggregator and this scenario:
>
> Every user has its INBOX stored on a server and has an archiving
> folder which is kept on another server.
>
> I have noticed that when I move some folder from the INBOX to the
> archiving hierarchy, Cyrus (I'm using 2.4.14) doesn't recognise it and
> create the structure and keep the folder on the server which has the
> INBOX stored.
>
> Is this scenario supported by Cyrus?

The folder hierarchy in Cyrus doesn't operate like a directory hierarchy.
If you create a sub-folder, it won't automatically be placed on the same
server as the parent folder.  You'll have to move the sub-folder to the
archive server as well as rename it to be a sub-folder of the archive
folder.

 	Andy