Any ETA for next release?

Ondřej Surý ondrej at sury.org
Thu Jun 26 08:02:12 EDT 2014

Hi Bron,

On Thu, Jun 26, 2014, at 13:20, Bron Gondwana wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 24, 2014, at 09:30 PM, Ondřej Surý wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Debian is already shipping beta with caldav support, and we have a
> > freeze
> > scheduled in this fall. It would be a nice to have an official release
> > in next
> > stable Debian.
> >
> > Are there any plans to finish caldav and release it as a final version?
>
> Do you have a rough date?

https://release.debian.org/jessie/freeze_policy.html

We will freeze at 23:59 UTC on the 5th of November 2014

> There are two options here, Ken's 2.4 branch
> or my fastmail branch, which seems to be on track to become 2.5 or 3.0 by
> popular demand.

It would be great to include caldav work since I have already packaged
it.

> I have had insanely few hours for hacking on Cyrus proper for a while -
> but I really would like to get our work out there for everyone, so having
> a date to work towards will give me incentive.

Could we also drop the Berkeley DB databases completely? Pretty please?
I don't want to do yet another fragile migration...

Ondrej
--
Ondřej Surý <ondrej at sury.org>
Knot DNS (https://www.knot-dns.cz/) – a high-performance DNS server