Outlook 2013, imap folders & altnamespace

Thomas Cataldo tcataldo at gmail.com
Wed Jul 2 10:15:12 EDT 2014

Hi,

I have a "simple" problem. When using altnamespace: yes, outlook 2013
lets create folders in your imap account, they look like real imap
folders but they are _local_ folders. Outlook never sends the CREATE
command. Worse than that, if I delete the folder, I now have
Trash/theFolder, and outlooks issues SELECT "Trash/theFolder", which
fails as the folder never was on server.

Switching to altnamespace: no, everything works and the CREATE command are sent.

Tried on imap.gmail.com and on exchange2010 imap and folders are
created correctly on both.

Any idea ?

Regards,
Thomas Cataldo.