Robust atomic multiple folder rename

Thomas Jarosch thomas.jarosch at intra2net.com
Tue Jan 21 10:19:07 EST 2014

Hi Bron,

On Thursday, 2. January 2014 09:52:13 Bron Gondwana wrote:
> user.foo.sub         %(NAMELOCK user.foo.sub TYPE RENAMETEMP)

I just came up with a case that fails at least in cyrus 2.4:

Rename a user while a mailbox is currently in SELECT state.

Cyrus 2.4 will execute the mailbox rename, but leave the folder
of the selected mailbox still floating around on the filesystem.
The cyrus.* files are still present, too.

As far as I understand it, the new system will just keep the folder
in "RENAMETEMP" state and remove it later on. Right?

Cheers,
Thomas