2.5 preparation status

Bron Gondwana brong at fastmail.fm
Fri Dec 12 06:00:46 EST 2014

On Fri, Dec 12, 2014, at 09:14 PM, Thomas Jarosch wrote:
> On Friday, 12. December 2014 11:07:39 you wrote:
> > Is not possible to user strmove instead of strcpy?
>
> POSIX doesn't support strmove() AFAIK.
> -> it's non-standard.

This patch works.  No point bikeshedding.  My plan is to marshal the ACL into a key-value datastructure and only perform modifications on that datastructure anyway - and always generate a new one on the way out.

The cost of whatever fiddling we do is nothing compared to the cost of updating at record in the database (let alone network traffic for mupdate if enabled) - it's not a hot path, so long as it's stable, efficiency isn't a big concern :)

  brong at fastmail.fm